Woolavington St Mary

Interesting church with 13th-century chancel and W tower equipped with four arches of about 1300 as if to serve in the central place of a cruciform plan. Interior scrubbed down to the gloomy dark stone but at least not snal poineted.

Unusual memorial to those who returned from the Great War as well as a separate brass plate to the four who did not. Church reordered in 2009.

ST 346 416, on the hillside to E of B3141 in the village centre.

Back to menu