Withypool St. Andrew

A modest church. The W tower looks sturdy and strangely shortened. Perhaps shortage of funds to rebuild the tower in 1902 was solved by leaving out one of the storeys. The nave arcade is strangely rustic and may be a result of an earlier rebuilding.

SS 846 355, 10km NW of Dulverton, signposted W of B3223 between Dulverton and Simonsbath.

Back to menu