Witham Friary St Mary the Virgin

Built by the Carthusians whose monastery was 2km NE at Witham Hall Farm. A remarkable early 13th-century vaulted church originally of just three bays (the fourth was added in 1876).

The full dedication is to St Mary the Virgin, St John Baptist and All Saints.

ST 743 411, on minor roads signposted S of A361/A359 12km S of Frome.

Back to menu

** well worth a visit