West Quantoxhead St. Audrey

A fine Victorian church built in 1856 to the design of the London architect, John Norton.

St. Audrey is a contraction of St. Etheldreda, an East Anglian queen who died in 679. She founded Ely where her cult remained popular until the Dissolution in the 16th century.

ST 113 420, On N side of A39 about 3km W of Williton.

Back to menu