Wells St Cuthbert

The splendid tower dominates the west end of the city as the Cathedral does the east. The church is all built on a magnificent scale with clerestoried nave, transepts and further chapels to N and S.

Before the collapse of the central tower in 1562 it must have presented an even more magnificent sight. As well as evidence of its complex history, there is much of interest to be seen.

ST 545 457, on N side of St Cuthbert Street in the city centre.

Back to menu

*** outstanding