Taunton St. Mary Magdalene

The grander of the two Medieval parish churches. Its stupendous tower, forming the focal point of Hammet Street, was entirely rebuilt by Ferrey and Sir G.G.Scott in 1862 but apparently faithfully to the late 15th-/early 16th-century original.

The interior is grand on a different scale - the nave having double aisles and an elaborate timber ceiling.

ST 228 246, At E end of Hammet Street.

Back to menu

** well worth a visit