Taunton St. James

The more modest of the two Medieval parish churches. It is all 15th/16th century in appearance but was heavily restored 1902-1914 after the S aisle was widened in 1839-1841 and the magnificent tower rebuilt in 1870-1875 with redesigned crown.

The collection of memorials is interesting.

ST 227 248, On N side of St. James's Street.

Back to menu