Shepton Mallet SS Peter and Paul

A true town church with magnificent tower and the most sumptuous wagon roof anywhere. Its strange internal dimensions are due to the loss of the galleries installed by Richard Carver when he enlarged the aisles in 1837.

The stone pulpit is early 16th century. The chancel a rebuild of 1847.

ST 618 437, tucked away behind new development on the E side of the High Street.

Back to menu

** well worth a visit