Puxton Holy Saviour

An amazing church. The W tower leans startlingly westward, the nave slopes down towards it and the chancel, though rebuilt in the 19th century bows down towards the east.

The interior is gloriously unspoilt with rough hewn pews, box pews, pegs for proper high hats, Jacobean pulpit, reader's desk and font cover, Royal Arms of 1775. In the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.

ST 405 633, an isolated church in the middle of the Yeo levels signposted S of A370.

Back to menu

*** outstanding