North Cadbury St. Michael the Archangel

An impressive spacious church with imposing W tower, double-storied porches, aisles, clerestoried nave and chancel rising to the same height - all apparently rebuilt of a piece in the early 15th century and intended to serve a college of priests.

Apart from being a marvellous space, the interior has much of interest. The fine series of poppy-headed benchends dates, according to an inscription on the back of one of the benches, to 1538.

ST 634 270, on S edge of the village adjoining North Cadbury Court, signposted 1km N of A303.

Back to menu

** well worth a visit