Meare St Mary

The church was built by the Abbots of Glastonbury and consecrated in 1323. The chancel with its elaborate Decorated tracery and curiously domesticated wind-braced roof is 14th century.

Most of the rest is 15th century in date and bear the initials of Abbots Selwood and Bere.

ST 453 417, on N side of B3151 on raised ground overlooking the moors at the E end of the village.

Back to menu