Maperton SS Peter and Paul

The late medieval tower is the main survivor from the old church for the rest was completely rebuilt in 1869 in the Early English style to the design of Henry Hall.

The fragment of Anglo-Saxon carving, probably a cross head, is a good example of interlacing.

ST 671 262, on steep hillside at the end of a footpath by the side of the House, signposted S of A303.

Back to menu