Lympsham St Christopher

The Stephensons, father and son, worked to remodel the church throughout the 19th century. The effect is light, airy and pleasing and they left many medieval features such as the W tower and the 15th-century timber roofs of the nave and S aisle intact

The W gallery with the post 1801 Hanoverian royal arms is early 19th century. The hatchment of the elder Rev.Stephenson hangs above the war memorial in the N aisle.

ST 335 541, on minor roads signposted W of A370.

Back to menu