Long Sutton Friends Meeting House

A beautifully conserved example of an 18th-century Friends' Meeting House built in 1717 for Friends who were meeting in the village in the 1660s. The shuttered gallery originally for the women's meeting is above the entrance passage.

Some of the original benches and fittings for the stand survive.

ST 466 259, at the junction of Shute Lane and A 372.

Back to menu

*** outstanding