High Ham St Andrew

A splendid 15th/16th-century church with high clerestoried nave and lofty chancel. It preserves its original tie beam roofs and its rood loft.

The church was supposedly rebuilt in one year, 1476, but the progression of the design of the window tracery amongst other features indicates that it was done over a much longer time.

ST 424 311, on minor roads signposted N of B3153 5km from Langport.

Back to menu

*** outstanding