Exford St. Mary Magdalen

The W tower, nave arcade and stump of the churchyard cross are the only parts of the medieval church to survive the extensive restorations of later years.

The rood screen is reconstructed from 15th-century fragments removed from St.Audries, Westquantoxhead. Note the headstone of Amos Cann who froze to death whilst walking back from Porlock in the dire winter of 1891. It is by the gateway to the churchyard.

SS 857 385, On N side of B3224 at the E edge of the village.

Back to menu