Dundry St Michael

The church's glory is its magnificent tower erected in 1484 by the Merchant Venturers of Bristol and overlooking their city. The rest of the church was entirely rebuilt in 1861 to the design of G.B.Gabriel.

The tower is built from the fine limestone from the nearby quarries. Dundry stone was extensively exploited in the medieval period as a building stone and for fine sculpture.

ST 556 669, high on the hillside overlooking Bristol and on minor roads signposted E of A38

Back to menu