Bridgwater St. Mary

An impressive town church sited here at the foundation of the new town of Bridgwater in 1100. Its glory is its late 14th-century spire.

The interior is spacious and full of interest from the magnificent cusped wagon roof of the chancel to the elaborate wood and ironwork of the 17th-century Corporation pew.

ST 297369, just W of the town centre.

Back to menu

** well worth a visit