Bath Abbey

The church is in form the most perfect survival of a Tudor Perpendicular-style monastic abbey church. It was completely rebuilt on the site of the Norman nave between 1501 and 1533 to the design of William and Robert Vertue.

George Manners, George Gilbert Scott and T G Jackson were responsible for completing the church in its present form from 1833 to 1901.

ST 750 648, in the centre of the city just NE of the Roman Baths.

Back to menu

*** outstanding